Thursday, July 12, 2007

Productive producer kept unkempt!

It's funny. When I am doing heaps of great creative work I have less web presence because I don't have time to update websites and blogs. Well, today I still have heaps of projects to finish but I feel a need to exist (online). I have also been promising people a preview of some of the mixes I have been working on.

Simon Kelly is an up and coming acoustic songwriter that has a cool layered vocal tone and is up for some crazy studio experimentation. I like the idea of doing a DJ Shadow meets JoseGonzalez style track and so does he. Cool, huh?
First off I'm remixing a groove of his called 'Cloud On The Corner'. Note the unkempt look of the studio producer. HERE is a preview of the first track.


Jasmin and Frans are getting me to work on a studio album. As the core writers of the indi band Halogen they have a lot of song writing experience to bring to the table. It's great because they bring in complete songs with just vocals and layers of guitars. It makes my job a lot easier. Together we have a lot of creative power. We just have to decide how to use it (for good or evil). Jaz wanted a gay disco track, so I referenced pet Shop Boys and New Order and went for a indi guitar disco track. All the instrumental sounds are Frans's guitars through mad effects. The only synth is the sub bass (done on a secret synth I am beta testing for Andy at FXpansion-London). HERE is a demo mix of 'Terrible Romance'.


Balvinder Singh, David Scharpf & I have a big project with no name. We have written and produced at least an album worth of dubby jazzy tracks. We are now involving different vocalists in subtle ways. As well as producing, Bal plays and studies tabla and sitar. David is a jazz keys player from Vienna. Together we write very fast, we just have a bit of trouble completing the tracks because every time we get together we write new ones. HERE is a mix of a few of the more dubby deep house ones. We have some heavier breaks/dub tracks as well and a bit of D&B/HipHop. As I said we have trouble not writing. It's a groovy scene man.


PIRACY
If you are concerned about piracy then click these pic ->
We take our movie going seriously, damn it.



RANDOM TUNES

Finally, if you want some random tunes while you work check out this awesome site, tun3r. It's like a world radio. You just turn the dial and tune into Internet radio streams from all over the world. brilliant.


Ahh, it's 4:30am. I better sleep.

enjoy..

T

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Trilbs, 'Clouds on the corner' has me by the love marbles.

Not in an angry, painful way - more in a caressing, loving, yet firm way.

Kudos, old boy. Kudos.
Sciby.

Anonymous said...

Hey Trilby,

Living the tunes man. The ones with Balvinder Singh and David Scharpf really have me jumping. Looking forward to it hitting a live PA sometime soon :)

- James